Cryomec VSMP pump
Cryomec VSMP Pump
Fives' Cryomec VSMP pump (Vertical Sealless Motor Pump) is used in process and transfer applications (LNG bunkering, ASU, HYCO, NRU etc...). The main advantage of this encapsulated design is the absence of seal system between the cryogenic and motor parts. The bearings are located in the gas phase section and are lubricated with mineral grease, for smooth and long-lasting functioning.
This type of secured high-tech pump is mainly used in ATEX areas (explosive atmospheres), for combustion gases like methane, high suction pressure gases like carbon dioxide and expensive and rare gases like argon.
With its high-end design, Fives' Cryomec VSMP pump - equipped with a motor - is totally encapsulated (IP67), implying that the equipment is entirely safe when pumping hydrocarbon or dangerous liquids (such as CO).
The bearings in Fives' Cryomec VSMP pump are designed to be able to take over 50.000 hours of duty - a key asset for the equipment's reliability on the long-run.
Due to its high-end mechanical design, the maintenance down time is reduced to the strict minimum.
Product features and advantages
- A flow rate up to 8 000 l/min for the single stage version, or 5 000 l/min in multi-stages.
- Fives offers single or multistage pumps with a differential head up to 2 800 m.
- A mechanical guarantee for 16 000 hours.
- A specific design allowing a constant cold stand by.
- An easy maintenance.
- A maximum safety level - recommended for explosive atmospheres like LNG.
- Compatible with all cryogenic gases except Oxygen (for safety reason).